How do I choose a senior project (S&DS 490-492)?

The first step is to find an advisor.  Ideally, a student will think of a research project, and then find a faculty member who is willing to help supervise it. The faculty member will often suggest changes to the proposed project. Other students find advisors by approaching faculty members they know and asking if they can propose projects. It is strongly advised that you identify your advisor and research project the semester before you enroll in S&DS 490-492.